In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Head On Talks goes online and explores important discussions to navigate our time as a society dealing with community quarantine and a public health emergency. Aside from physical sustenance, shelter, and hygiene, we are also coping with managing our mental wellbeing, sense of safety, and emotional hygiene. The Head On Talks Series started in 2018 promoting a culture of understanding, acceptance, and responsibility for mental health.
More than ever, now is a time where talking about mental health #HeadOn is important. For our first online Head On Talks, we’re focusing on a topic that emerged strongly in the stories of those who joined us the past two weeks at Head On Chats – anxiety and overwhelm. This extended learning session is a continuation and deepening of last week’s Head On Chats where Patrick introduced the topic.
We can become overwhelmed in many different ways, no matter what situation we are in. As the country continues the fight to flatten the curve for COVID-19, we brace ourselves for another stretch of uncertainty and disruption. Patrick Gamo, psychotherapist and counsellor, will be talking about how we can practice mindfulness to calmly face the crisis, and move forward peacefully with mindfulness too – into what everyone’s calling ‘the new normal’.
- Learn practical Mindfulness tips for managing thoughts and emotions
- Learn how to make the most out of challenging situations
- Improve focus and become more present with the things that matter
Friday, May 8, 2020
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The talk will be held in a secure Zoom meeting session.
About the speaker
Patrick is a professional counsellor and psychotherapist who has worked with children and adults with behavioral, social, and psychological issues. After completing his Masters in Counselling as a scholar at Monash University, Australia, he returned to the Philippines and currently holds clinic at EMMAUS Center for Psycho-Spiritual Formation, and MAGIS Creative Spaces.
Patrick is certified in Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, Mental Health First Aid, and Applied Suicide Intervention. Patrick’s advocacy for mental health has caused him to start Psych of Pat, which activates advocacy through psychoeducation.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
- Submit your registration through the means most convenient for you:
- Through our online registration form
- Message us via mobile: 0928 180 4510
- this number is accessible through text message, iMessage, and Viber
- Wait for a confirmation message from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for a confirmation email from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Proceed to payment via any of the following methods:
- Bank transfer (online or in bank) may be made to:
BPI Current Account
Account Name: MAGIS Creative Spaces, Inc.
Account Number: 8291-0114-12
- A final confirmation of your secured slot/s will be sent by our team through email, within 1 working day after we are furnished a copy of the deposit slip at: email@example.com.
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
BY SUBMITTING AN ACCOMPLISHED REGISTRATION FORM, you officially send your registration to the event specified above. THIS RESERVATION IS CONSIDERED FINAL, provided that slots are still available at your time of registration. An acknowledgement email stating that you have a reserved a slot on the workshop will be sent to you within 48 hours (2 business days), with full details of payment process (BPI online banking, bank deposit, or cash/cheque paid in person). Upon receipt of your acknowledgement email, we request that you accomplish the payment process within 2 working days. Proof of payment will confirm your slot for this event.
The Head On series of events is about creating community around mental health and psychoeducation. Aside from events like this, we also have the Head On Groups, which offer support and the accountability of a community, for self-care. Get in touch if you’re interested in Head On Groups.