Head On Talks is a series of learning events that promote a culture of understanding, acceptance, and responsibility for mental health. For the first of the series this 2020, we’re putting focus on neurodevelopmental health for children.
In the first five years of life, a child’s brain triples in size and this kind of growth thrives in social interaction, active play, and real-life experiences. The digital age, however, has rapidly changed the way our kids grow up and experience the world. The first five years for toddlers today can look very different from the early years of those from a decade ago.
Since its beginning in 2013, MAGIS Creative Spaces has seen needs and concerns in childhood development evolve too. We have had a rising number of inquiries regarding developmental delays and a growing concern over the prevalent, excessive use of electronic gadgets by children.
Join us, with voices from the fields of occupational therapy, speech and language pathology, psychology, in an important discussion about the impact the digital age has on our children. With summer vacation right around the corner, also learn about the alternative ways we can keep our kids occupied, creative, and healthy!
- To understand neurodevelopment in the early childhood years
- To link the impact of screen time (benefits and risks) to cognitive development
- To learn about the effects of excessive gadget use on parent-child relationships
- To personally evaluate the pros and cons, issues, and challenges of gadget use for children and their families
- To identify alternatives for screen time, such as developmentally appropriate toys, to keep children entertained as well as cognitively stimulated
Saturday, March 28, 2020
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
111 Cordillera Street, Ayala Alabang Village, Muntinlupa City
About the speakers
Jeric Noceda, OTRP is a licensed occupational therapist who currently practices in Metro Manila, specializing in the pediatric occupational therapy and physical dysfunction. He graduated at Emilio Aguinaldo College – Manila last 2017 and passed the board exams on the same year. Jeric’s practice with MAGIS includes one-on-one sessions and group sessions in the clinical setting, as well as intervention programs that integrate both a neurodevelopmental health and an expressive arts-based psychosocial approach. Teacher Jeric is working towards pursuing a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy. He also has a passion for creating music, and plays the guitar, drums, ukulele, and bass.
Enzo Bueza, CSP-PASP is a board-certified Speech and Language Pathologist who completed his degree in the University of the Philippines – Manila. He is currently practicing in the pediatric setting. Enzo is a PROMPT-trained (Prompts for Restructuring Oral Muscular Phonetic Targets) therapist, a subspecialization that uses tactile-kinsethetic approach to speech therapy. He is also affiliated with the REACH Foundation where he trains paraprofessionals in handling children with special needs. Enzo is one of the interdisciplinary clinical coordinators at MAGIS, and part of a team designing client-centered programs that promote inclusivity and community empowerment in neurodevelopmental interventions for children.
Fabrienne Calipara MA, RPSY is a licensed psychologist with a diverse range of experience with individuals, groups, and communities across all ages. She completed her Masters in Clinical Psychology at the University of Santo Tomas in 2009, and has been in practice since then. Her work with children and adolescents revolves around dealing with trauma, abuse, emotional and behavioral issues, and working closely with schools to offer and co-develop educational programs and professional development to enhance psychosocial support for the community.
Joining the panel discussion
Teacher Bev Cruz is currently the Preschool Head of The Learning Child School, and has had 18 years of experience in early childhood, primary, and special education. Her career in teaching has seen children through the emergence of the digital world, and as a result, her teaching philosophy is founded in the sensory, kinesthetic, and relational experiences in the learning process. Her latest professional development interests include technology integration for meaningful classroom use, for which she has taken a course with Walden University. Teacher Bev is also an advocate of STEAM education, and is running TLC’s first robotics program for preschoolers this summer 2020.
The Head On series of events is about creating community around mental health and psychoeducation. Aside from events like this, we also have the Head On Groups, which offer support and the accountability of a small community, for self-care. Get in touch if you’re interested in Head On Groups.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
- Submit your registration through the means most convenient for you:
- Through our online registration form
- Message us via mobile: 0928 180 4510
- this number is accessible through text message, iMessage, and Viber
- Wait for a confirmation message from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for a confirmation email from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Call our office: 850 4852 loc 220
- Your name, email address, and mobile number will be requested, so that payment details can be sent for your reference.
- Proceed to payment via any of the following methods:
- Cash or Cheque at the MAGIS office (address at the bottom left of this page). If paid in person, final confirmation of secured slots is immediate upon payment.
- Bank deposit may be made to:
BPI Current Account
Account Name: MAGIS Creative Spaces, Inc.
Account Number: 8291-0114-12
- If paid by bank deposit, a final confirmation of your secured slot/s will be sent by our team through email, within 1 working day after we are furnished a copy of the deposit slip at: email@example.com.
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
BY SUBMITTING AN ACCOMPLISHED REGISTRATION FORM, you officially send your registration to the event specified above. THIS RESERVATION IS CONSIDERED FINAL, provided that slots are still available at your time of registration. An acknowledgement email stating that you have a reserved a slot on the workshop will be sent to you within 48 hours (2 business days), with full details of payment process (BPI online banking, bank deposit, or cash/cheque paid in person). Upon receipt of your acknowledgement email, we request that you accomplish the payment process within 3 working days. Proof of payment will confirm your slot for this event.