The Head On: Let’s talk Series promotes a culture of understanding, acceptance, and responsibility for mental health. This June, we’re putting focus on neurodevelopmental health for kids.
Continuing the focus on neurodevelopmental health for children, Developmental Pediatrician Dr Joel Lazaro will talk to educators about how children learn – and the varying ways in which they learn. The school is an important place to observe a child’s development, as it is where vital skills are practiced, and educators are at the fore of being able to observe children’s development and ways of learning. As companions in a child’s learning experiences, educators have the opportunity to not only create a child-centered space for learning, but also initiate early interventions wherever concerns arise.
This talk is for primarily for educators currently working in schools. Interested social workers, psychology professionals, allied health professionals are also welcome.
Learning objectives for educators:
- Review normal developmental tasks of the school age child, and the factors that affect learning
- Present red flags of learning difficulty and identify the common developmental disorders that affect learning
- Present the essential elements of assessment done for a child with LD, and the role of educators
- Present factors that affect outcome of children with learning difficulty
- Learn from and with other educators through a facilitated panel discussion
- Hear different perspectives from other relevant fields of practice, in the panel discussion
Saturday, June 8 2019
1:00 PM – 4:00 PM
111 Cordillera Street, Ayala Alabang Village, Muntinlupa City
About the speaker
Dr. Joel Lazaro
Dr Joel is a specialist in Pediatric Neurodevelopmental disorders. He has been in practice for almost over 20 years now, based primarily in the south of Metro Manila and the CALABARZON area.
Dr joel finished his medical training from the College of Medicine of the UP College of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics and the Philippine General Hospital. He received further subspecialty training on Learning and Behavior Disorders of Children as an Ohio State University International Fellow at the Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus, Ohio.
He is currently an Assistant Professor in the College of Medicine of the De La Salle Health Sciences Institute where he has been teaching for almost 2 decades now. He is also the Clinical Director of Center for Neurodevelopmental Disorders at the DLSUMC and the Section Head of the Neurodevelopmental Pediatrics at the Asian Hospital and Medical Center.
Dr Joel is a board certified fellow of the Philippine Pediatric Society and one of the founding Fellows of the Philippine Society for Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics.
Joining the panel discussion
Dr. Cheryl Ramirez is a certified neurofeedback practitioner, and the Clinical Director at Mindworks Center for Mind Health. She completed her degree in Medicine at the University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center, and obtained her certification in Neurofeedback and Hemoencephalogram practice from Dr. Joseph Guan, founder and clinical director of the Brain Enhancement Center in Singapore. Dr. Ramirez has worked with Mindworks’ clients through a wide range of conditions: ADHD/ADD, Autism, mood disorders, traumatic brain injury; as well as helping clients maintain peak performance, all through the non-invasive, computer-aided therapy that encourages new neuronal connections and neuroplasticity.
Blenda Lopez Dela Cruz has had almost two consecutive decades of teaching and training in Early Childhood Education and Special Education, and is currently finishing her thesis in Masters in Education in SPED. She was the Preschool Head of The Learning Child from 2015—2018, and previously the owner and directress of a child development center catering to the educational and developmental needs of children from 6 months to 6 years old. Blenda believes in the education setting being a platform to uplift children individually and together with their families.
Jeric Noceda is a licensed occupational therapist who currently practices in Metro Manila, specializing in the pediatric occupational therapy and physical dysfunction. He graduated at Emilio Aguinaldo College – Manila last 2017 and passed the board exams on the same year. Teacher Jeric is working towards pursuing a Master’s Degree in Occupational Therapy. He also has a passion for creating music, and plays the guitar, drums, ukulele, and bass.
The Head On series of events is about creating community around mental health and psychoeducation. Aside from events like this, we also have the Head On Groups, which offer support and the accountability of a small community, for self-care.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
- Submit your registration through the means most convenient for you:
- Through our online registration form
- Message us via mobile: 0928 180 4510
- this number is accessible through text message, iMessage, and Viber
- Wait for a confirmation message from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Email us at : email@example.com
- Wait for a confirmation email from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Call our office: 850 4852 loc 220
- Your name, email address, and mobile number will be requested, so that payment details can be sent for your reference.
- Proceed to payment via any of the following methods:
- Cash or Cheque at the MAGIS office (address at the bottom left of this page). If paid in person, final confirmation of secured slots is immediate upon payment.
- Bank deposit may be made to:
BPI Current Account
Account Name: MAGIS Creative Spaces, Inc.
Account Number: 8291-0114-12
- If paid by bank deposit, a final confirmation of your secured slot/s will be sent by our team through email, within 1 working day after we are furnished a copy of the deposit slip at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
BY SUBMITTING YOUR INTENT TO REGISTER, you officially send your registration to the workshop specified above. THIS RESERVATION IS CONSIDERED FINAL, provided that slots are still available at your time of registration. An acknowledgement email stating that you have a reserved a slot on the workshop will be sent to you within 48 hours (2 business days), with full details of payment process (BPI online banking, bank deposit, or cash/cheque paid in person). Upon receipt of your acknowledgement email, we request that you accomplish the payment process within 3 working days. Proof of payment will confirm your slot for this workshop.