In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, Head On Talks goes online and explores important discussions to navigate our time as a society dealing with community quarantine and a public health emergency. Aside from physical sustenance, shelter, and hygiene, we are also coping with managing our mental wellbeing, sense of safety, and emotional hygiene. The Head On Talks Series started in 2018 promoting a culture of understanding, acceptance, and responsibility for mental health.
Research has shown that play has important therapeutic value for a child in times of adversity. Through various forms of play, children can process experiences, hone important skills of self-expression, and strengthen their own adaptive systems in coping with crisis.
As an Occupational Therapist, Teacher Gelai advocates play to promote occupational balance, as it not only reflects a child’s development, but also affords him/her the opportunity to explore his/her world. In this talk, Teacher Gelai will be talking about play for children in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, and going through practical tips to cultivate a healthy rhythm of play to help children through these unusual circumstances.
- Learn the possible effects of the COVID-19 pandemic on a child’s health and well-being
- Learn the therapeutic value of play
- Learn how to be a supportive adult that encourages play
- Learn play ideas that can promote your child’s physical and emotional well-being during the pandemic
Friday, June 5, 2020
3:00 PM – 5:00 PM
The talk will be held in a secure Zoom meeting session.
About the speaker
Gelai Castillo, OTRP
Teacher Gelai is a licensed occupational therapist and Clinical Coordinator for Occupational Therapy at MAGIS. She obtained her degree in the University of Santo Tomas. Her practice is focused on the pediatric early intervention setting, seeing clients in one-on-one and group therapy sessions. Gelai offers various learning workshops on topics such as occupational therapy in the home, sensory processing and integration, and developmental delays. She is also a certified pediatric massage therapy practitioner as trained by Tina Allen, the founder of The Liddle Kidz Foundation and obtained her certification on Developmental Play from CreateCatt as trained by its founder, Caroline Essame.
REGISTRATION AND PAYMENT PROCEDURE
- Submit your registration through the means most convenient for you:
- Through our online registration form
- Message us via mobile: 0928 180 4510
- this number is accessible through text message, iMessage, and Viber
- Wait for a confirmation message from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Email us at : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wait for a confirmation email from MAGIS HQ that your reservation is in place.
- Proceed to payment via Bank transfer (online or in bank) may be made to:
- BPI Current Account
- Account Name: MAGIS Creative Spaces, Inc.
- Account Number: 8291-0114-12
- A final confirmation of your secured slot/s will be sent by our team through email, within 1 working day after we are furnished a copy of the deposit slip at: email@example.com.
TERMS OF REGISTRATION
BY SUBMITTING AN ACCOMPLISHED REGISTRATION FORM, you officially send your registration to the event specified above. THIS RESERVATION IS CONSIDERED FINAL, provided that slots are still available at your time of registration. An acknowledgement email stating that you have a reserved a slot on the workshop will be sent to you within 48 hours (2 business days), with full details of payment process (BPI online banking, bank deposit, or cash/cheque paid in person). Upon receipt of your acknowledgement email, we request that you accomplish the payment process within 2 working days. Proof of payment will confirm your slot for this event.
The Head On series of events is about creating community around mental health and psychoeducation. Aside from events like this, we also have the Head On Groups, which offer support and the accountability of a community, for self-care. Get in touch if you’re interested in Head On Groups.